Re: label problem

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: label problem
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:18:10 -0500

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:13 PM, gareth wrote:

Help:
I recently downloaded Octave-3.0.0 and its gnuplot for use with Mac OSX
10.3.9.
Most things work just fine but I do have  a basic problem with axis
labels, shown below for
both aqua and x11 setups.  Can you tell me what the problem and cure
are, please?

Many thanks,
Gareth  Wlliiams
Princeton.

arrows ^^^ should line up with font f.

AQUA:

gar:8>> xlabel("XXX")

gnuplot> set xlabel "XXX" textcolor lt -1 font "helvetica,10";
                                                                      ^
                line 10101: unexpected or unrecognized option

X11:

gar:2>> xlabel("XXX")

gnuplot> set xlabel "{/helvetica XXX }" textcolor lt -1 font
"helvetica,10";

                    ^
               line 10101: unexpected or unrecognized option

Garth,

I believe you are trying to use the deprecated syntax.

The current syntax is documented at the link below.

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Plot-Annotations.html#Plot-Annotations

Ben