Re: Octave from Java

From: Andrea Grassi
Subject: Re: Octave from Java
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:49:06 -0800 (PST)

Andrea Grassi wrote:

> Ok. Thank you anyway for your fast answer. I'll probably post a question
> in a separate post to see if anyone has solved this. The problem probably
> lies in how java streams interacts with octave process, but I can't seem
> to find any log that can explain to me what's happening.
>
> Greetings,
> Andrea Grassi

(answering myself..)

To those interested I've solved the above problem (even thought I don't know
what was causing it).
To solve it, just use the "--interactive" switch when calling octave. This
will forse the default "octave console" that doesn't have this problem.

If you used a BuffereReader (with readline) to read data beware that it will
probably won't work well with this switch. Better read bytes.

Hope this will help someone :)

Andrea Grassi