RE: octave all_va_args replaced

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: octave all_va_args replaced
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:15:14 -0500

On  4-Mar-2008, Javier Ochoa wrote:

| I replace all_va_args by varargin but the problem still holds becaus the
va_start() command is also not recognized. The other mentioned errors in the
main program are because the switch and the string 'plottype' are also not
identified by Octave.
| I wonder whether you could see the files attached and suggest me any changes.

| ------------------------------------
| > Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:27:02 -0800
| > From: address@hidden
| > To: address@hidden
| > CC: address@hidden
| > Subject: Re: octave all_va_args
| >

| > On Tuesday, March 04, 2008, at 10:47AM, "Javier Ochoa"  wrote:
| >>
| >>My name is Javier Ochoa, I am working at PROIMI in Argentina. I have
installed Octave 2.9.12 under  Linux in order to run the ica routines you
modified from the ones in MatLab written by Hurri et al.

What do you mean by "you modified"?  Who is "you"?

I looked for FastICA and found this:

  http://www.cis.hut.fi/projects/ica/fastica/code/dlcode.shtml

The README file found in the FastICA_2.1.octave.tar.gz says that those
files were converted to run with Octave 2.0.16.  A few things have
changed since 2.0.16 was released...

Perhaps it would be more interesting to see how well the current
version of Octave (3.0.0) works with the current version of FastICA
(apparently 2.5).  Would someone like to try this and report back?
Yes, we know that there are GUI features that won't work, but other
than that, what compatibility problems does this code expose?

jwe