Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:31:48 -0400

On 28-Mar-2008, Moritz Borgmann wrote:

| I don't think Octave should do much in the way of GUI, simply provide
| good hooks for 3rd-party IDE apps to support the features that people
| are used to in the Matlab GUI.

As far as I can tell, that's difficult to do since Octave wants
control of the event loop in order to handle command-line input
properly (i.e., without having the GUI reinvent readline).   But maybe
you have some ideas about how it can be designed so that the GUI can
be in complete control of all events and Octave can still function
properly?

jwe