RE: QR factorization

From: Bateman David-ADB014
Subject: RE: QR factorization
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:23:18 -0000

Observing Marco's posts from the past, I think he understands that there is no unique solution. I think the question was rather given that Octave and Matlab both claim to use the same LAPACK routines they come up with different (though equally valid) solutions. Matlab uses the Intel Blas/Lapack libraries and Octave is probably using Atlas so  the difference is probably in the details of the implementations of these libraries.

D.