Re: Help with Importing Matlab Code to Octave

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Help with Importing Matlab Code to Octave
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:46:28 -0500

Argh!   Jordi is right.  This isn't what it looked like when I sent it.

I apologize for the formatting.

Maybe someone can start a new campaign:

"I'm a mac."  "and I'm a PC."  "And I'm a Linux box."

On Apr 17, 2008, at 4:52 PM, A. Scottedward Hodel wrote:
Octave uses m-files in the same way that MATLAB does, except without the  built-in editor (most of us already have a preferred text editor).  Provided that your m-file doesn't use any MATLAB functions/toolboxes that are not (yet) developed for Octave, you should be able to call it from the octave prompt.

In my own X-terminal:  I use the m-files tf.m and bode.m (already part of Octave):

Hodel-MacBook:~ hodelas$ octave

GNU Octave, version 3.0.0Copyright (C) 2007 John W. Eaton and others.This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY orFITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.
Octave was configured for "i386-apple-darwin8.11.1".
Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.
Please contribute if you find this software useful.For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html
Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please readhttp://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).
For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.
octave:1> sys = tf([1 2 3], [43 5 6]);

octave:2> bode(sys)octave:3>