Plot problem. Hold on active between re-runs.

From: Nose Nada
Subject: Plot problem. Hold on active between re-runs.
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:57:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there!
I'm using Octave 3.0 (running on Fedora 8). I have several plots in the same
figure thanks to hold on. However, when I close the figure and re-run my
function the old plots appears in the new graph together with the new plots.
They accumulate along runs of my function. If I remove hold on I solve this
problem but I lose the capability of multiple plots in the same graph in a
single run. If instead I use hold off after the plotting instructions in a
single run, I keep having the accumulation problem. If I close and restart
Octave the first run comes with no old plots but the second already
accumulates.
How can I get rid of the accumulation problem?
Thanks in advance,
Omar