RE: Octave 3.0.1 Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHAT) build failure

From: Labitt, Bruce
Subject: RE: Octave 3.0.1 Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHAT) build failure
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:46:59 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 7:04 PM
To: Labitt, Bruce
Cc: address@hidden

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Labitt, Bruce
<address@hidden> wrote:
> [Labitt, Bruce]
>
> Thanks. That helped.  I'm getting a little closer.  When I do a make
> check I pass all the tests except rand.cc where I fail 14 tests, plus
> few tests where I know I have not installed stuff like qhull.
However,
> at the test linear-algebra/condest.m I get a panic: Segmentation
fault.
> Any clues as where to look?  Flush/repeat?

condest code relies on blas/lapack libraries and those are probably not
compiled with 64-bit integers for matrix indexing...

> I tried running octave nonetheless and could not seem to plot anything
> with more than 100 elements.  Whenever I did a plot or use grid I
would
> get 4 lines
>
> line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: in
> line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: in
> line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: in
> line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: lw
>
> I'd be greatful for any help.

what is your version of gnuplot?
Do you have mouse support enabled (i.e.
can you zoom with mouse when you do plot
something) ?

> Thanks,
> Bruce

Dmitri.
--
[Labitt, Bruce]

I think I may not have compiled ATLAS and LAPACK with 64 bit.  I'll
check on that.  My version of gcc is 4.1.2 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)

GNUPLOT Version 4.0 patchlevel 0 was the binary I installed.  I can
uninstall it and compile 4.2.3 if it will matter...

Thanks,
Bruce