remove voice of an audio file

From: miguel olivares varela
Subject: remove voice of an audio file
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:29:46 -0700

Hi everybody,

I’m a student who is working in a school project; honestly I don’t have to mucho experience with DSP or filters.  I want to suppress or remove the voice of an audio file, not necessary of a song. For example to record a conference and you want to suppress the noise in order to listen only the speaker.

I know that I can use octave to read the audio file and store it in a data file. But I don’t know if there are some functions that allow me to extract the audio.

Can anybody help me or to orient me in my project?

Thanks  and best regards