Re: atan2 on 3 dimentional array

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: atan2 on 3 dimentional array
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:14:19 -0400

On 16-Jul-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| > BTW, we could really use a release manager for the stable branch.
| > Would anyone like to contribute by doing that?
|
| What exactly should the rm do?

I have the following tasks in mind:

  * Monitor Octave bug reports and apply patches from the main development
    branch to the stable branch.

    In some instances this job is trivial, but in others it requires
    some care as the two branches may diverge so that patches don't
    apply cleanly, or a change to the development branch might not be
    appropriate for the stable branch (e.g., it changes an interface
    that would break binary compatibility for .oct files).  In the
    latter case, maybe there is another fix that can be made that
    doesn't break compatibility, or the fix may have to be deferred to
    the release of the next major version.  Ideally, only bug fixes
    (and perhaps only fixes for regressions from previous releases)
    should be applied, as I think the goal for the stable branch
    should be stability.  But currently we tend to apply patches that
    are "safe", even if they fix bugs that are not regressions from
    previous releases.

  * Make periodic releases from the stable branch.

jwe