Re: Changing tick text on axis?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Changing tick text on axis?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:32:47 +0200

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm really no help here. I could try to install octave on one of the windows
> boxes here at work, but it would be simpler for someone already using octave
> on windows would comment.
>
> I would think that installing octave-3.0.1-vs2008-setup.exe would take care
> of all dependencies, is that not true?
>
> The page below has some additional information.
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows
>
> I notice that Michael Goffioul is the maintainer. I've cc'd him, perhaps
> he'll comment on your problem.  Link to original email is below.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Changing-tick-text-on-axis--p18531036.html

I followed the discussion, but I don't have any idea about the possible
problem. I noticed that the system complains about not finding kernel32.dll.
This is a serious problem as kernel32.dll is the core library of Windows.
Did you try the other version octave-3.0.1-setup.exe? This one has been
compiled with an earlier version of the compiler. I used to use that compiler
until recently and previous binary packages compiled with VS2005 have
been reported to work OK on W2K.

Michael.