Re: Errors compiling a C++ class that includes Octave

From: Kyusik Chung
Subject: Re: Errors compiling a C++ class that includes Octave
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:57:49 -0700

John,

If the documentation on the libraries were clearer (or existed), that would help. Doesn't need to be at all close to the depth of documentation for using the octave interpreter.

I have the following line of code so far:
        Matrix m = Matrix(10, 10);

Aside from creating the matrix, I do no other operations.

I have the following include statement:
        #include <octave/Matrix.h>

In my Make file I have the following in my CXXFLAGS:
        -I /usr/local/include/octave-3.0.1

I would include some other headers if I could find reasonable documentation telling me what needed to be included.

And if it isnt also clear from the thread, I had initially installed octave 3.0.0 without the headers using apt-get on ubuntu, then realizing the headers were not there, I downloaded, configured, and installed octave 3.0.1 (hence the addition to CXXFLAGS). Looking at the error I originally included, even to my newbie eyes, it looks like the compiler found the Matrix.h file, but then had problems after that.

Should I not be using octave 3.0.1?

Kyusik

On Jul 22, 2008, at 5:34 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 22-Jul-2008, Kyusik Chung wrote:

| I initially did that, but I don't believe you get the header files to
| be able to compile your own C++ code that includes Octave libraries.

You need to include the Octave headers that provide the declarations
for the functions you call.  If that is not a sufficient clue, then
perhaps you need a C++ tutorial?  This list is probably not the right
place for that.

jwe