Octave and WaveLab or ...?

From: PattiM
Subject: Octave and WaveLab or ...?
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:
I'm a serious Octave newbie.  I used Matlab once back in the 80's, but since
it's free at my company, I've been using RSI's IDL.  Now I need to do some
serious wavelet crunching and am looking at Scilab and Octave since IDL has
only basic wavelet capabilities.  I'm not sure Octave or Scilab have 64-bit
variable addressing.  I tried to install WaveLab,
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~wavelab/
...but was unable to get it working on a windows install.  I could only find
a wiki for a Linux install.  Has anyone gotten WaveLab to work and/or know
of another good Wavelets package?

THANKS!
PattiMichelle