Using external C++ functions from Octave

From: Tamara Bechtold
Subject: Using external C++ functions from Octave
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:57:57 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to read in aggument in Octave and pass them to a C++ function to be compiled. I want to read-in a single argument which can be either double or int, say the user gives 1 or 1.0. Within the c++ function I am trying to check what kind of argument was passed by the user with following code:
int m;
double n;
if (args(3).is_scalar_type())
m = args(3).int_value();
if (args(3).is_double_type())
n= args(3).double_value();
But it does not work. In other word when I pass 10.0 both variables, m and n are initialized with 10! I want only n to get the value 10.0. How can this be done? Can enybody help?
Many thanks in advance.
Tamara