plotting while preserving some properties

From: Giovanni Di Stasi
Subject: plotting while preserving some properties
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:18:08 +0200

Hi,

I am using Octave and Gnuplot in order to draw a "moving" graph; I'm doing
that by calling repeatedly plot(X) and replot() with the new matrix; Between
a plot and the next, I'd like the title, the ylabel and the xlabel to be
preserved (without having to call title(...), xlabel(...) and ylabel(...)
every time). How can I do that?

Another question: I call my script from bash (I made it executable and put
#! /usr/bin/octave -qf at the beginning) and, as I said above, I have to call
both plot and replot (If I just call plot, the figure won't even show up),
whilst, in the Octave command line, plot is sufficient. Shouldn't plot be
enough in both cases?

Many thanks.

I'm using:
GNU Octave, version 3.0.0
Gnuplot Version 4.2 patchlevel 2

--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone:    +39 081 7683821
Fax:      +39 081 7683816
E-mail:   address@hidden