Re: Windows install

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Windows install
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:41:35 -0400

On Tuesday, September 09, 2008, at 12:36PM, "Thomas L. Scofield"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Here is what one student
>wrote:
>
>      I did end up completing the install last night with every
>option available (I was not able
>      to select some as they were blocked/would not allow a 'check
>mark').  I then restarted
>      my computer and tried the Octave program.  When opening, all
>that was displayed were
>      some lines of command/information regarding the program.  I hit
>enter, and tried typing
>      but only some type of source code involving Octave 3.0.1 appeared.

My wild guess is that everything is working as expected and that the student in
question is unaccustomed to a command line program.

Perhaps a picture showing "only some type of source code involving Octave
3.0.1" would help clarify?

Ben