Re: Scilab is now GPL v2 compatible - as the site claims

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Scilab is now GPL v2 compatible - as the site claims
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 07:52:22 +0200

ons, 17 09 2008 kl. 23:34 -0700, skrev Sergei Steshenko:
> I've just learned that Scilab ( http://www.scilab.org/ ) is now GPL v2
> compatible - this is what the site says.

Just to clarify: The CeCILL license is explicitly compatible with the
GPL, which is defined as

"GNU GPL: means the GNU General Public License version 2 or any
subsequent version, as published by the Free Software Foundation Inc.",

so actually Scilab is GPL v2 (or later) compatible. Since Octave is GPL
v3 (or later) I guess this means that we can take their code, but they
can't take ours?

Søren