Gnuplot doesn't work with octave 3.0 on UBUNTU

From: thomas vanderbruggen
Subject: Gnuplot doesn't work with octave 3.0 on UBUNTU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:27:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I just update my Ubuntu to hardy and then upgrade octave
to the 3.0.2 version. But anytime I use the plot() function I get an error
at the drawnow() call (gnuplot version = 4.2.2-1).

I had a look
on some forums saying that something like
sudo dpkg-reconfigure
octave3.0
should fixed the problem, but it doesn't seem to work in my
case.

Does someone have an idea ? Or some link to an answer
?

Thanks in advance.

ThomasHello,

I just update my Ubuntu to hardy and then upgrade octave to the 3.0.2 version. But anytime I use the plot() function I get an error at the drawnow() call (gnuplot version = 4.2.2-1).

I had a look on some forums saying that something like
sudo dpkg-reconfigure octave3.0
should fixed the problem, but it doesn't seem to work in my case.

Does someone have an idea ? Or some link to an answer ?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

VANDERBRUGGEN Thomas

Elève ingénieur 3e année à / MSc student at
Institut d'Optique Graduate School
Campus Polytechnique
RD 128
91127 PALAISEAU CEDEX - FRANCE