how does octave compute eigen values

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: how does octave compute eigen values
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 01:27:00 -0400

Can someone tell me the algorithm used by octave to compute the
eigenvalues/eigenvectors of a general nonsymmetric real matrix using the
eig function?

Does it simply use the dgeev routine of lapack or does it do anything else
special?

For me, the eigen vectors computed from dgeev routine of lapack are
different from those given by octave 3.0. I want to find out where the
difference is coming from.

Does octave do anything special after computing the eigen vectors from the
dgeev routine?

thanks
raju
--