Re: Speeding up "lookfor"?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Speeding up "lookfor"?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:39:05 +1100

I would be very happy to test it, if you be able to send it to me, as well as instructions on how to get it working on my octave (v. 3.0.3).

Thanks,
Alasdair

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
With the current implementation, no. However, a changeset has been
posted to the maintainers list, that reimplements the help system
(including 'lookfor') as m-files. This implementation supports caches
for 'lookfor' which provides a substantial speedup (~1 sec to search all
functions on my old laptop). If you want to help out here,  then it
would be nice if you would test it, as I think it has only been tested
on my machine.

Søren