Re: gnuplot error

From: Julius Smith
Subject: Re: gnuplot error
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:29:55 -0700

Can you run other X11 applications?

At 11:21 PM 11/16/2008, Robert Fong-tom wrote:
Hi,
I just installed binary Octave 3.0.3 from Octave-Forge and now get
the following error:

gnuplot: unable to open display ':0'
gnuplot: X11 aborted.

I am running OS X 10.4 (Tiger) i386. I deleted Octave 3.0.2 and all
packages (also downloaded from Octave-Forge) then reinstalled the new
version and the packages. I did this because I had problems just
installing the new version by replacing the 3.02 with 3.0.3. Also, I
have been trying to install the image package without luck. I even
tried porting it from MacPorts but gave up. I suspect that MacPort
may have changed my environment because I noticed that after
downloading MacPorts, Octave started under Terminal instead of X11.
Is anyone familiar with this issue and know how to fix this problem?
Bob