Re: multi graph in Octave

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: multi graph in Octave
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 23:40:16 +0100

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Oscar Bayona Candel
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have made a multi graph  using this instructions:
>
> subplot(1,2,1)
> plot(Fluido)
> xlabel 'volumen'
> ylabel 'presión'
> subplot(1,2,2)
> plot(Masa)
> xlabel 'volumen'
> ylabel 'presión'
>
> I have three questions:
>
> First, how can I put an "on the top title"? Not on each Graph only a General
> title.

Hi

I'm not sure if that can be done easily. You can set title for
individual subplots with 'title' command, but as far as I know, not
for the whole figure. You could probably create such title manually
with 'text' command, which adds a text object to the figure (you would
have to specify correct position by yourself).

> Second, how can I save this multi plot in  Octave ?I mean how can I save
> both graphs in one in an jpeg file and also in an eps file?

You can save current figure simply by:
print('mychart.eps')
print('mychart.jpg')

> The third,
>

> I have a matrix like this
>
> G=[97 98 99 72 103 104 99
> 97 98 99 72 103 104 99];
>
> Imagine that each of any column of G is T=[1/02/1997 01/03/1998 01/03/1999
> 01/03/200 01/03/2001 01/03/2002];
>
> So I want to plot each row of G like a temporal series and show in the x
> axis the date of "T"
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> On the othe hand, I want to make a similar task so that I could make:
>
> A=[100 102 103];
>
> And B=[Joseph Romer Jhon];
>
> My inttention is to plot an hist(A) but that the x axis will be named by B.

It is possible to set tick labels manually, see last message in this
thread for example:
http://www.nabble.com/Octave-plot-on-time-date-x-axis-td19496643.html#a19542129
The thread mentions also dateaxis command from Octave Forge financial
package, which should convert tick labels to dates, so you could have
look at that too.

Regards
Ivan Sutoris