Re: help is giving errors

From: bharat pathak
Subject: Re: help is giving errors
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 08:56:02 +0530

julius,

disk is not full as in D drive where octave is installed 18 gb of free space is there.

where os is installed on C drive 26gb of free space is there.

also I tried installing different version like the higher ones, but I keep getting into
same problems.

rgds
bharat

Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 12:35 AM

It sounds like memory allocation failed - maybe a full disk? - jos

At 07:23 AM 2/4/2009, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:42 AM, bharat pathak <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     If I say,,
>
>    > help plot
>
>    I get the following error,
>
>    AllocationBase 0x0, Baseaddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x150000, State
> 0x10000
>    D:\install\octave\msys\bin\sed.exe: *** couldn't reserve space for
> cygwin's heap
>    win32 error 0
>
>    D:\install\octave\share\octave\3.0.1\m\plot\plot.m

>    What could be the problem? I am running octave-3.0.1 on windows vista
> home edition.
>
>    The exe was downloaded from octave-forge (non-cygwin version).
>
>    Do I need to install cygwin for help to function properly??

No. The message is confusing, because msys is re-using some code from
cygwin project, but you don't need cygwin.

This does not solve your problem, but at the moment, I can't figure
out why this is happening.

Michael.