Using kwrite as editor

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Using kwrite as editor
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:19:08 +0100

Hi

I would like to use KWrite as default editor in Octave. After setting
  edit('editor', 'kwrite %s &')
command "edit function" really opens "function" in KWrite. However, I
can't use Octave's prompt until I close the editor's window, which is
inconvenient. I thought that adding "&" should start new process in
background, but that doesn't seem to make difference. I'm running
openSUSE 11.1 (with KDE 4.2) and this happens with Octave 3.0.3 as
well as in compiled 3.1.52+. Is there a way to use graphical text
editor and have access to prompt at the same time (it works in Windows
with Scite, I think) ?

Regards
Ivan Sutoris