Histogram Overwrites Previous Plot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Histogram Overwrites Previous Plot
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:27:17 -0500

On 17-Feb-2009, Nugget_Mon wrote:

| I am trying to overlay a nomal PDF over a histogram.
|
| I found the following:
|
| "Combining histograms and function plots by Toke Reichstein Jan 29, 2003;
| 09:45am :"
|
| I have used the solution there but came up with the same result. Whenever I
| call hist(), it overwrites whatever is plotted. The same goes for plotting
| the PDF after plotting the histogram, whether hold is on or not.
|
| Octave version 3.0.0
| Ubuntu 8.04
| AMD64

I think this problem is fixed in the current development version of
Octave.  The function that ultimately draws the histogram is
__bars__.m, and the version of __bars__.m in the current sources is
significantly different from what is in 3.0.3, and relies on
completely new functionality, so I don't think this problem will be
fixed in any 3.0.x release.

jwe