Re: Gnuplot mouse half-working

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Gnuplot mouse half-working
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:32:28 +0100

Sergei Steshenko:
>One has to use this:
>
>http://gnuplot.info/development/binaries/ ->
>http://gnuplot.info/development/binaries/gnuplot-4.3.0-2008-11-21.tar.gz
>
>- works for me.

Good, for me too, thanks.  By the way, if anyone wants an amd64 build
for Debian testing, I can send it. Or else the src tree ready for
building .deb on other architectures (quick and dirty patch).

Ben Abbott:
>Running either gnuplot 4.2.3 or 4.3.x directly from the command line,
>the behavior you're looking for works for me (I did a simple "plot
>sin(x)").

Sure.  The problem is with the piping method used by Octave 3.

>However, when running Octave, I get the same behavior as you.

Yep.

>With Octave+gnuplot-4.3 I also get a warning from gnuplot.
>
>       line 0: warning: Cannot toggle log scale for volatile data

Yes, me too.  Too bad, but zooming is more important, and it works :)

>I did  a quick google, and found an explanation on the help-octave
>mail list (although the question was different).
>

> https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2007-October/006005.html

Good, I had read this in the past, but could not find it any more.
Thanks.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040