Re: Octave not finding updated edited files

From: Jim Maas
Subject: Re: Octave not finding updated edited files
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:54:49 +0000

Thanks Ben,

That certainly is much simpler! I was just following a couple of examples I found that had a separate function file but this does look cleaner. No idea why t was in the inputs .... just copied blindly!

The example you send works well but the models I need to build will get much more complex, i.e. many state variables (pools) and therefore many (> 30 individual fluxes) fluxes. It would be nice to specify the individual flux equations somewhere separately from the individual derivative equations as I've done in this example. The problem is that now "y" is unspecified and gives the following error. Is there a way to specify the form of the equation outside the derivative equation statement?

octave:24> mmsinglefile
error: `y' undefined near line 20 column 26
error: evaluating binary operator `/' near line 20, column 27
error: evaluating binary operator `/' near line 20, column 24

Thanks a bunch

Jim