Re: calculate SNR and watch a binary file

From: Markus Feldmann
Subject: Re: calculate SNR and watch a binary file
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:26:03 +0100

Rob Mahurin schrieb:
On Mar 26, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Markus Feldmann wrote:
I upload binary files. The first is with a sin signal:
http://rapidshare.com/files/213866747/ usrp_output_64bit_complex_only_sin_signal.dat.html

and another one without any test signal, but only noise:
http://rapidshare.com/files/213867606/ usrp_output_64bit_complex_only_noise.dat.html

These files came from some analog-to-digital converter? If you look at them with hexdump, there is stuff that looks like data only in the first 200 bytes or so. The rest of the file looks likes zeros and the occasional 0x80bf. I wouldn't expect the data read from these files to have a meaningful Fourier transform.

Cheers,
Rob

Yes it come from an USRP(Universal Software Definded Radio).
This is a peripheral PC divice connected across USB.
On the PC i have python programs to watch this data.

I forgot to write that this data goes into an graphical FFT-
Element. So i think i still have to do this ?
But how to ?

Regards Markus