FFT time-shift/interpolation

From: shivan
Subject: FFT time-shift/interpolation
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 05:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody, I trying to shift (circular) a real signal by delta, so I do :

a = [1:10] %as a test
b = ifft( fft(a) .* exp(-2*i*pi*[0:9]*delta/10))

so, yeah, that's cool. but I'd like to use a non-integer delta, like 0.2.
But of course I'll end up with b being an array with imaginary number.
I could interpolate to get more samples and only pick the on I need, but
it's unpractical for values like 0.3452.

would someone please have an idea?

regards.