Re: extracting value from a vector

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: extracting value from a vector
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:48:36 -0400

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Alain Baeckeroot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

A trivial question, but i don't find the answer in the doc.
i would like to assign value of a vector individually to some variables.
 octave> v = [ 1.4 , 2.7, 3.1 ]

This fails : octave> [ a, b, c ] = v;
everything goes in 'a', and b is undefined.

Is it necessary to write a = v(1); b = v(2) ...
or did i missed something ?

Alain