Re: forge audio, warn_fortran_indexing

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: forge audio, warn_fortran_indexing
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:03:38 +0200

Hi Dave,

I'm answering here, since you posted the question here. In the future,
please follow John's advice.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 03:29:14PM -0400, Daye Liu wrote:
> when playing wav file, there is the warning:
>
> "warning: warn_fortran_indexing is no longer a built-in variable; please
> read the NEWS file or type `news' for details"

Yes, this has been fixed, but not too long ago. So it's probably still
in the latest release.

> though it still plays the sound.  There was a bug report on the same issue
> which was closed without a solution:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/octave2.9/+bug/195402

I won't comment on the way this report was handled.

> Can this be fixed (at user level)? Thank you.
Yes. Just copy clip.m from
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/audio/inst/
somewhere in your Octave path, such that it is used instead of the one
included in the package.

        Thomas