RE: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows

From: dastew
Subject: RE: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 02:10:58 +0000

> Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:23:10 -0300
> Subject: Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hallo!
>
> I faced the same problem, but it seems there is not such an interface.
> Qtoctave is nice, but has the command line separated from the answer
> box and I feel a little unconfortable having to click all the time on
> the command line box to enter my command. Besides Qtoctave the other
> projects (i.e. Octavede) are maintained irregularly.

I don't think that you are using Qtoctave the correct way.
I very seldom use the prompt window. What you should be doing is starting an edit window, and typing all your  work into the "note pad like" interface. At this point you can save it to a file, or just run it right from the text window by pressing the black computer screen icon.

All my students are windows types and they like yhe qtoctave interface.

try the following sequence:

VIEW
MODE
DOCK

This is in the windows OS version and is not in the Ubuntu version.

 Try it once more.
Doug