Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:21:10 -0400

On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Rob Mahurin wrote:

On May 31, 2009, at 4:59 PM, ws wrote:
I just ALMOST compiled octave on my mac, linking to the Mac Port
libraries.

Well now I have a similar question.  My missing symbols are

Undefined symbols:
  "_CGDisplayPixelsHigh", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGDisplayPixelsWide", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGDisplayBitsPerPixel", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGMainDisplayID", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
  "_CGDisplayScreenSize", referenced from:
      display_info::init()      in display.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

and come when linking liboctinterp.dylib.  Any hint what I'm missing?

This is on an Intel Mac running 10.5, where I haven't compiled Octave
before.  I don't seem to have the problem on my 10.4 powerbook.  Same
problem in 3.2.0-rc4 and in the current tip.

Thanks,
Rob

I took a quick glance at the sources. It looks like these are part of Apple's Carbon framework. Make sure your Xcode is up to date.

Are you really running 10.5.0. I'm running 10.5.7.

Ben