Re: Help on Octave and Notepad++

From: martin_helm
Subject: Re: Help on Octave and Notepad++
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 07:47:31 -0700 (PDT)

You can also use the "run" command in notepad++ if you configure it correctly

When you invoke run in notepad++ a dialog opens where you can enter the
settings
how the external program (octave) shall be started, for example:

cmd /c cd /d c:\mycode && C:\Octave\3.0.5_gcc-4.3.0\bin\octave.exe
"$(FILE_NAME)" 2>c:\mycode\err.txt

This will start a windows cmd shell in the folder c:\mycode where the
scripts are stored
(this is just an example).
C:\Octave\3.0.5_gcc-4.3.0\bin\octave.exe has to be the path where octave is
installed
on your machine (this will also differ on your machine).
2>c:\mycod\err.txt is to save error messages in the file err.txt which can
be browsed with notepad++.

Since notepad++ is not really a development environment and I cannot see a
possibility to use an integrated command shell, I guess it is easier for you
if you run emacs for windows with octave in inferior mode, when you will
have some sort of powerfull IDE.

- mh