re: jhandles with debian

From: Oz Nahum
Subject: re: jhandles with debian
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:19:23 +0200

Hi,
I've finally managed to install java for octave on debian (yuho !). I've missed Michael's hint on applying the patch:
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/extra/java/src/__java__.cc?r1=5080&r2=5371

here is how it looks on my octave:
octave:1> pkg('load','java')
octave:2> java_new

Invalid call to java_new.  Correct usage is:

 -- Loadable Function: OBJ = java_new (NAME, ARG1, ...)

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.

However, this did not succeed with: "pkg install java-1.2.6.tar.gz" from within octave, but manually with ./configure make install procedure.

Now I just have to make jhandles run:
Do I have do patch it too ? Also, I know I have to install libjogl on debian. How do I notify the configure where it is located ? (I have it installed)

Many thanks,

Oz.
----
           Imagine there's no countries