Re: Simulating data smoothing on a 2D matrix. New to Octave/Matlab platf

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Simulating data smoothing on a 2D matrix. New to Octave/Matlab platforms
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:29:50 +0200

tir, 30 06 2009 kl. 17:37 +0100, skrev Nuno Santos:
> First I would like to see the 2D matrix drawn on a 3D graphic, where
> each value of the 2D matrix is a Z value on the 3D graphic.

Try the 'mesh' or 'surf' functions for such plots. For larger matrices,
you might consider just showing them as an image using 'imshow'. This
can be much faster, and it often provides a better overview.

> Then I would like to apply several smoothing function (and if anyone
> could point me some functions), to the data in order to visually see the
> results.

Well, 'smoothing' can mean quite a lot of different things. You might
want to look into the 'imsmooth' function in the 'image' package from
Octave-Forge.

Søren