RE: Octave for MSVC 2005 build

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: RE: Octave for MSVC 2005 build
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:47:12 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Excuse me for my experience is limited so that I could not help you.

I feel that building octave on MSVC compiler is very tough work becase

1. You have to learn about unixy developing tool kit like Msys
2. You may use some tricky techniques to use Msys tool for MSVC command line
complier.
2. You have to prepare a lot of dependencies (libraries).

Some of libries may be used in GnuWin32 like pcre .
(GnuWIn32 seems to provide not MinGW libries  but also provide VC libraries)
Please see
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

The below is just my idea,  please read it just for reference.

Practical solution I think that  you use Octave 3.2.0 (or 3.0.5 )for Windows
MinGW32.
You will write skin interface layer using pipe function by  VC++.

If you would like to use octave itself
try --exec-path -q option etcs. (please see octave manual)

If you would like to write a program using liboctave, you will write
stand-alone program using

mkoctfiles --link-stand-alone

the data sending and receiving the pipe or file from VC++ program.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/