Re: Plotting with 3.2.0 on Windows is SLOOOOOOWWWW

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Plotting with 3.2.0 on Windows is SLOOOOOOWWWW
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:17:23 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Hmmmmm!

The slowness seem to strongly depends on the system.

In the test previous post performed on the computer in my home (Windows XP home
Cereron M 1.2Ghz 512Mb
Memory).
I have tested the same tests by Matthias Brennwald on the computer the
university (Windows XP
professionan HT Pentium 3.4GHz 1GB Memory)

The speed of the tests on the octave 3.2 (3.2.0 MinGW distributed on the
OctaveForge and Octave 3.2.2
built myself)is comparable to octave 3.0.5 MinGW distributed on the
OctaveForge).
Of course the result for 3.0.5 is faster than that ion the computer in mu home.
 However it is
reasonable to the different in CPU performance.  However the difference octave
3.2 on MinGW is too big
to attribute the cpu performance.

Note that I do not use John's patch for this test.

For the computer in my university, the John's patch seem to be not needed.
I will test again when I return to my home.

Hello Matthias Brennwald

Can you perform the test with John's patch by yourself?

Regards

Tatsuro