Re: Thinning algorithm

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Thinning algorithm
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:40:35 +0200

Hi

I don't know what you mean when you write "thinning algorithm", so I
can't help you there. To me it sounds like you're asking a question
about image processing, and not really about Octave, so I recommend that
you ask your questions somewhere related to image processing.

As to how you convert an image to a binary image, then the easiest form
is a simple thresholding, i.e.

  bw = (im > 0.5);

as an example.

To get a basic understanding of image processing in Octave, I recommend
reading the introductory chapter of the manual plus the chapter on image
processing. From thereon, the best you can do is to play around a bit.
Just try things out (that never hurts). It is usually the best way to
figure things out in Octave.

Søren