Matrix regression of distnce matrices + non negative least square

From: Corrado
Subject: Matrix regression of distnce matrices + non negative least square
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 13:38:28 +0100

Dear friends,

I would like to solve the following regression problem:

y=c1 x1 + c2 x2 + .... + cn xn

where the y, xi are all matrices and the ci are constants that need to be
determined. The y, xi are distance matrices (symmetric). Obviously ci should
be forced to positive or null (i.e. non negative).

Any suggestion?

I will be more than happy to share the results of my quest with the list or
developers.
--
Corrado Topi

Global Climate Change & Biodiversity Indicators
Area 18,Department of Biology
University of York, York, YO10 5YW, UK
Phone: + 44 (0) 1904 328645, E-mail: address@hidden