Re: getopt

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: getopt
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:14:19 -0400

On Oct 10, 2009, at 5:16 PM, Juergen Rose wrote:

Am Samstag, den 10.10.2009, 10:48 +0000 schrieb address@hidden:
did you see   varargin?

Doug

Subject: getopt
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:55:35 +0200

Hi,

I am looking for a possibility to evaluate the arguments passed to a
octave script similar to getopt[s] in bash or Getopt::Std in perl.

Any hints are appreciated.

Hi Doug,

I don't understand, what 'varargin' has to do with 'getopt'.

octave:1> help varargin

-- Keyword: varargin
    Pass an arbitrary number of arguments into a function.

    See also: varargout, nargin, nargout

I need a function, which I can use to parse arg_list = argv() and which
can distinguish between allowed and not allowed options, and between
options with and without additional parameter.
I.e., I look for something like in Perl:

use Getopt::Std;
my $opts="dhS:o:N:n:";
my $options={};
getopts($opts,$options);
if (defined $options->{d}) {$DBG_LVL=$options->{d};}
if (defined $options->{h}) {usage();   exit 0;}
if (defined $options->{S}) {$Seed=$options->{S};}
..

Regards Juergen

Within a function ...

        nargin = the number of arguments passed.
        varargin{n} = the nth argument

The variables nargout and vargout are the output counterparts.

Below is a very simple example illustrating how varargin works.

octave:1> function test_varargin (varargin)
> varargin{:}
> end
octave:2> test_varargin (1, 2, 3, "a", "b", "c")
ans =  1
ans =  2
ans =  3
ans = a