Re: Octave gives file path every line

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave gives file path every line
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:11:15 +0900 (JST)

Hello

This is Frequently Asked Question but it is not included in the octave FAQ wiki.

Please comment out PS1 setting in
...\Octave\3.2.2_gcc-4.3.0\share\octave\3.2.2\m\startup\octaverc as

#PS1("\\s:\\#:\\w\n> ");

or override it in
...\Octave\3.2.2_gcc-4.3.0\share\octave\site\m\startup\octaverc
or in ~\.octaverc for example
PS1('octave:\#>')

The symbol '~' indicates the home directory for octave.
Its fullpath is available by tilde_expand command
octave:1>tilde_expand ('~')
ans = C:\Documents and Settings\Tatsu

You make a file named '.octaverc' in the home directory
(in the example above (C:\Documents and Settings\Tatsu) )

Details and differences of startup files, please consult the octave manual
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Startup-Files.html#Startup-Files

For Customizing the Prompt, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Customizing-the-Prompt.html#Customizing-the-Prompt

Regards