Re: plot titles are off of the plot

From: charles reid
Subject: Re: plot titles are off of the plot
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:40:27 -0600

Yes, I'm generating these plots using the 'plot' command.  Is there another graphics back-end that won't have this problem?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 06:52, Matthias Brennwald <address@hidden> wrote:

On Oct 23, 2009, at 2:29 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi -

I'm using Octave 3.2.0 on a Mac.  When I create plots, the titles are not
entirely in the plot window (see attached "Picture 1.png").  I've tried
re-adjusting the physical position of the titles, but it doesn't fix the
problem (the text is still cut off, or I have to make it overlap with the
plot itself).  I see this behavior using GnuPlot with either X11 or Aquaterm
as my back-end.  The behavior is really annoying, since, to see the actual
plot titles, I have to save the plot to an external file, which looks fine
(see attached "Picture 2.png").  Does anybody have any idea what is causing
this?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Hi Charles

How did you create the PNG file? I believe your problem might be related to this:

http://www.nabble.com/Axis-labels-in-EPS-figure-are-outside-bounding-box-td25941582.html#a25942083

Matthias