Re: eps size in print

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: eps size in print
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:17:15 -0500

On Nov 12, 2009, at 7:52 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I print my plots to eps files to include them in PDFLatex documents
> after using epstopdf. The print command help states that the size
> option, e.g. -S700,700 is only available when using PNG and SVG. When
> I resize the eps afterwards with epsffit or using
> inscludegraphics[height=5cm]{...}, the text is distorted. How can I
> preset the size of the image I get, or is there a way to resize the
> eps without loosing the textsize?
>
> thanks!

Using the 3.0.x series of Octave, I do not know how to change the size of the
eps output.

For the 3.2.x series, the size of the output is specified by the figure
property "paperposition", which is a 4 element vector. For eps output, running
3.2.2/3, the first two elements of the vector do not effect the eps output. The
2nd two define the width and height in inches.

To obtain a 6x4 inch eps image

        set (gcf, "paperpositionsize", [0.5 0.5 6 4])
        print -depsc foo.eps

Ben