Re: Pytave licensing

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Pytave licensing
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:31:09 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Not nonsense, really. Ulrich is hitting the nail very squarely on the
>> head. You could very, very, very easily write a python script that
>> receives any pytave-like object as a parameter without importing
>> pytave.
>
> Example?

def foo(a):
    b = a.feval("foo")
    return b

Now, let me clarify a few things about my original statement that seem
to have been forgotten. Using a module affects the licensing of the
interpreter. You can't distribute an interpreter that combines GPL and
non-GPL-compatible modules.

Also, please remember that the GPL doesn't magically exclude only
closed-source works. For me, personally, the pain point is the
inability to mix GPLv3 and GPLv2 software.

--judd