Re: reshape array failed on windows

From: Junqian Gordon Xu
Subject: Re: reshape array failed on windows
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 02:35:29 -0600

On 12/07/2009 11:48 PM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Junqian Gordon Xu <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/07/2009 07:45 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On  7-Dec-2009, Junqian Gordon Xu wrote:

| Tested the same reshape function on Octave 3.2.3 on Debian/Linux, which
| worked fine.
|
| Maybe this is a regression of the reshape function compiled for windows.
|
| Gordon
|
| On 12/07/2009 07:27 PM, Junqian Xu wrote:
| > Octave 3.2.3 windows
| >
| > fid=fopen('file_name','r');
| > temp=fread(fid,Inf,'short');
| >
| > I can verify temp reads the integer values fine as in matlab. However
| > matlab is able to do
| >
| > reshape(temp,256,256)
| >
| > But in Octave, it returns an error of
| >
| > error: reshape: can't reshape 0x1 array to 256x256 array.
| >
| > Maybe I'm missing something very basic here.
| >
| > Gordon

I expect that the problem is not with reshape.  It looks like the size
of temp is 0x1, so I think the values were not read correctly from the
file.

jwe

But the fopen and fread lines are exactly the same for linux and windows.

Gordon

Have you checked that the file is opened correctly (fid != -1)?

Yes, the file opens correctly. fid = 8

You wrote:
"I can verify temp reads the integer values fine as in matlab."

How did you verify that? Do the values display correctly at that point?

If I don't use ";", The on screen display of the values is correct.

Would the mailing list accept attached file?

Gordon