Problem with ginput

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Problem with ginput
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:17:35 +0100

Dear all

I have a problem using the ginput command with Octave 3.2.3 on Windows XP (I did the same on a Mac running Mac OS X, where everything worked as expeced). Using ginput results in warnings and never returns any result. Here's an example:

--------------
octave.exe:5:~\Desktop
> gnuplot_binary
ans = C:\Octave\3.2.3_gcc-4.4.0\bin\gnuplot.exe
octave.exe:6:~\Desktop
> version
ans = 3.2.3
octave.exe:7:~\Desktop
> which ginput
`ginput' is a function from the file C:\Octave\3.2.3_gcc-4.4.0\share \octave\packages\plot-1.0.7\ginput.m
octave.exe:8:~\Desktop
> plot (rand(1,10))
octave.exe:9:~\Desktop
> ginput (1)
warning: implicit conversion from real matrix to real scalar
warning: implicit conversion from real matrix to real scalar
warning: implicit conversion from real matrix to real scalar
warning: implicit conversion from real matrix to real scalar
[THINGS SEEM TO BE STUCK HERE. THE ONLY WAY TO EXIT FROM GINPUT AT THIS POINT SEEMS TO BE CTRL-C.]

I don't know what to do to fix this. Is this a but or am I doing something in the wrong way? I'd appreciate any help.

Matthias