Re: Octave on windows - frequent crashes

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave on windows - frequent crashes
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:20:06 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- George  wrote:

> I'm using windows vista, 32-bit, AMD Sempron processor. I used the
> installer to install, didn't mess with the installer default settings,
> used SSE2.

AMD Sempron processor surely supports SSE2. However, I do not know how much
compatibility it has to
Intel processor which supports SSE2 .

Perhaps the ATLAS libraries bundled with octave-3.2.3/mingw32 are built on the
Intel processor.

Please try to reinstall using GENERIC ATLAS libraries.

If crashes will still occur if you use the Generic library, I cannot give any
further suggestions.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get Disney character's mail address on Yahoo! Mail
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/disney/