Re: Divergence from Solving functional nonlinear equation

From: Jason Martin
Subject: Re: Divergence from Solving functional nonlinear equation
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:51:35 -0500

Thomas,

Thanks for posting that for me. It does confirm that there is something in Windows that is just hogging resources some way, shape or form. But, what else should we expect from Microsoft? Anys, I will attempt a build tomorrow and see if I can't get things optimized a little better for my laptop. Unfortunately I am stuck with Windows until I graduate, and i really can't constantly switch OS'es during my projects. Sigh... Well, only 2 more semesters and I will be back to Linux.

Jaroslav,

Thank you! That is perhaps the clearest explanation of the gnuplot|fltk differences in performance that I have had. It makes a lot of sense, and makes me think that I might look into compiling Octave with fltk as the default backend if I can.

Jason