Re: octave in multiprocessor cpu

From: Thomas Ilnseher
Subject: Re: octave in multiprocessor cpu
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:49:18 +0100

Am Freitag, den 08.01.2010, 14:35 +0100 schrieb Carlo Sartori:

> Hi
> I like to know if octave can use multiprocessor cpu. I have a Intel i7
> 720 CPU, Ubuntu see the 8 core correctly (4 real core with double
> processing for each one) but octave use only one at time. For me it is
> like if I have a cpu with only 800 MHz.
No the cpu will still run with it's specified clock speed.

I'm not 100% sure, but octave uses lapack, blas, fftw and all that
stuff? maybe you can get a version of these libraries that automatically
exploit multiple cores for large matrices.

Google should help. Also, I want to know if I totally misunderstood
something and write crap.

-tom
--
Thomas Ilnseher <address@hidden>